How to Choose the Right Storage Solution for Your Business ?
Are you in the process of building a new warehouse or renovating an existing structure? Is your current warehouse racking system meeting your order fulfillment requirements, while also providing the flexibility to expand your operation in the future? Every warehouse facility needs to make the most of every available inch of space to maximize efficiency and remain competitive. The right industrial racking design can also help you get the greatest amount of productivity out of your team, while also enabling you to meet the demands of your customers.
Logic Material Handling, Inc. is your headquarters for complete warehouse storage rack solutions that will give you a substantial return on investment in the form of increased efficiency and faster out-the-door times. We offer many different types high-quality pallet storage racking systems that are designed to meet the order fulfilment requirements of companies of all types and sizes, both today and well into the future.
All Types of Industrial Warehouse Racking in Kansas City, MO and Beyond
- We offer a wide range of boltless and metal industrial racking solutions to give you the largest number of choices.
- You can also count on us for a large assortment of industrial shelving and racking accessories that will help you get the most out of your system.
What to Consider When Selecting a Racking System ?
With so many different types of racking systems on the market, choosing the right one for your facility can pose a challenge. Careful consideration of the following factors can simplify your decision-making process:
- Budget requirements: Cost will likely be the most important factor when choosing a racking system. The different types of racking systems feature a wide range of price points, so you will obviously need to select one that fits your company’s budget.
- Industry perspective: Various industry factors can have an impact on racking system selection, such as seasonality, regulatory environment, projected growth and frequency of change in terms of the demand for specific types of products.
- Assessing you building’s current layout: You must be able to incorporate the racking system with the layout of your facility. Thus, effective system design requires taking into account features such as columns, clear height, dock doors, HVAC units, piping, electrical wiring and sprinkler systems.
- Safety requirements: The system must include all required safety components such adequate aisle widths and egress paths.
- Seismic zones: If you are located in an area of the country that is vulnerable to earthquakes, you will need a racking system that will comply with the various federal, state and local regulations and building codes that apply to these types of structures.
- Capacity: Your facility will have a finite amount of floor space to dedicate to a warehouse racking system, so you need to make the most of every square foot. Estimating the total weight of the goods you need to store at any given time can help you determine the most appropriate load capacity for your shelving.
- Inventory accounting method: Be sure the system is compatible with your inventory process. As mentioned above, some types of racking systems are compatible with LIFO accounting methods, while others are better suited to a FIFO environment.
- Future proofing capabilities: A racking system represents a major investment for most companies. You’ll want to be sure it will not only serve your order fulfillment requirements today, but that it also offers the flexibility to adapt and grow as your business needs change.
- Picking methods: Different types of warehouse racking are better suited to different types of order picking processes. Consider whether you typically pick by pallet, pieces or cases and choose a system that will accommodate your preferred method.
- Forklift accessibility: If you use forklifts to pick orders, you will need to ensure your racking system permits sufficient access to provide a safe working environment and minimize the risk of product damage.
- Lighting considerations: It may be necessary to adjust your warehouse’s lighting scheme to provide adequate visibility for your racking system and reduce the risk of injuries.
We Specialize in Custom Industrial Racking Solutions in Kansas City and Beyond
At Logic Material Handling, Inc., we don’t believe in offering cookie-cutter industrial warehouse racking for sale. Instead, we provide custom warehouse racking solutions tailored to your specific operation. We have the expertise to help you explore the different types of racking systems available to you and choose the one that works best for your facility. We can also work with you to tailor the product to meet your company’s unique order fulfillment requirements.
We always take the time to gain a full understanding of our customers’ operations and the unique challenges they face. Our solutions include complete industrial racking design services featuring customized conceptual drawings and preliminary recommendations, followed by a quick and accurate price quote. We also provide full industrial racking installation services for warehouse facilities in Kansas City, Missouri, and all across the United States.
Get Started With a Free
Industrial Warehouse Racking Consultation
Don’t let an inadequate or outdated racking system prevent you from providing a high level of service to your customer base. Learn more about our complete selection of warehouse racking installation and design services without risk. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation, We proudly serve warehouses and order fulfillment centers in Kansas City, Missouri, and across the United States.